Answered

When can I expect the supported countries list be updated with Hungary?

• 26 January 2022
  • 3 replies

I don’t really understand why I can’t use Google Assistant with Sonos when I can use it with Android. One of the reasons buying a Sonos product was it’s Google Assistant support.

I found the list of supported countries: https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3491?language=en_US

When will Hungary be added to the “coming soon” part and when can I expect it to be supported?

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 26 January 2022, 23:16

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Note that Google needs to authorize Sonos to ‘turn on’ the function. It’s not just in Sonos’ hands, there are legal agreements between the two companies. 

Your best bet is to petition Google directly. 

I also have a 5 speaker Sonos system and I am very sad that I cannot use it in Hungary with Google home. The Google home system works fine, but I can't connect the Sonos to it. It says: not supported in your country! Please add this option to the list of improvements, because it would help a lot of Hungarians. And you don't have to speak Hungarian it would be nice if you could control it in English like you can google home.

I would perhaps just monitor that support page you linked to in your post as that will likely show you any changes that are pending. Sonos rarely comment on their development roadmap until things are about to be released and the support pages usually get updates - so maybe keep your eye on the ‘coming soon’ section for any changes.