Question

What good is this Sonos One speaker if i can't use the voice assistant to play music on my whole Sonos system?

• 28 August 2019
  • 5 replies

What good is this Sonos One speaker if i can't use the voice assistant to play music on my whole Sonos system?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

What makes you think you can't?
Userlevel 7
Hi jdkunze

Click here to learn what commands are accepted by Google Assistant.

FYI, I use Alexa and can speak to my Sonos One in the bedroom and tell it to play SiriusXM in the Great Room. I assume you can do the same with Google assistant. If not then switch over to Alexa 😀

Cheers!
try the Alexa skill speaker groups
Thanks, I'll have to try Alex.

I have the One in the kitchen. A play 3 in the dining room, and two play 1s/soundbar/sub in the living room.

I thought it would be easier to play and control music across all the speakers through the Sonos One. But not so much so far, at least with Google.
Userlevel 7
Hi jdkunze

In my original post I gave you a link. It read..."Click here'". The underlined word was the link. If you click it and scroll down to "Commands you can use or say" (I forget the exact wording) the 3rd example I believe answers your question and possibly the 4th example as well.

When speaking for the first time it's very important to say things distinctly. Overtime the assistant will learn your voice pattern and make giving commands easier.

If you enjoy Google as a choice for a voice assist I'd give it a second try. If it still doesn't address your needs then switch over to Alexa. However, the same rules apply during the learning process when speaking to Alexa.

Oh...I believe I read somewhere in this forum that the Google Assistant only responds through the left speaker in a stereo pair. I could be mistaken. However, Alexa (I know) will respond through either...meaning the closest one to your voice. Just FYI...

Cheers!