Question

Voice Services (Google and Alexa) not playing music

• 23 August 2020
  • 1 reply

I recently moved and set up my Sonos One and Beam products in the new place. In my old place, I was using Google Assistant on both of them and it was working well. 

I have been able to set up Google Assistant, but when I ask it to play music it doesn’t do so. I am not recieving an error message, but rather a “ok, playing X on Spotify”. Then, silence. I can control my music manually from my phone and there is no issue. 

I have tried switching to Alexa, same thing. I also tried switching my default music service from Spotify to Apply Music and that did not help either. 

Any tips would be appreciated! 

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +15

Hi @yourpal.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community!

I appreciate your detailed post outlining the issue as well as the troubleshooting steps that you did, let me help and try to figure this out.

First, please ensure that any music services you add in the Google Assistant app have also been added to your Sonos system in the Sonos app.

You can refer to this article on adding music services to Sonos to learn how.

Ideally, when you ask your Google Assistant to play music, it will begin playing from your default music service, unless you specify a different music service in your command.

Kindly check also the General Guidelines for using Google Assistant and Sonos to get the best results when using the Google Assistant on Sonos.

If the above advice was followed and the issue persists, please submit a diagnostic report through the Sonos app and provide us the confirmation number. I'd start by reviewing your system and it can help us identify what is causing this issue.

Let us know how it goes and if you have any other questions or run into any issues, please do not hesitate to reach out.