Question

Voice Match on Sonos Move Works Half the Time

• 26 July 2020
  • 1 reply

I have a Sonos Move and for a while Voice Match with Google Assistant worked fine. Not sure if there as an update recently but all of a sudden it works at most 50% of the time. We have 3 voices set up with it and they have all been working at one point or another. Sometimes 2 will work and the third won’t. They will all work sometimes and not others. I have a Google WiFi extender right next to it that recognizes all voices no problem. Right now the work around is to turn the mic off on the Move and use the extender and just have it play music on the Move. However, this is annoying because the Move seems to have a mic that can hear further. Also, if we take the Move anywhere else in the house then it isn’t working properly.

I have restarted the Sonos and also removed Voice Match from it and added it back for each user. It seems to fix the problem at the time then it comes back later. I really do not want to do a factory reset as setting up all the accounts is a huge pain. If it’s just a bug that will be fixed with a software update I can wait it out. Just need to know what is going on.

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @samanchek, thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community.

I would like to double-check going through this article to troubleshoot Google Assistant.

Help and tips for Google Assistant on Sonos

If the suggestions didn't work, I recommend calling our Phone Support. 

They’ll have more options to troubleshoot and they have the capacity to escalate this if need be. 

Update us with your findings.