Question

Voice Assistant Controlling Multiple Rooms

• 13 May 2020
  • 1 reply

I just picked up a Beam, and it is obviously voice assistant enabled. My question is, is it possible for it to control all of my other speakers as well (the other ones do not have voice assistant built in)? I have 2 play:1’s and a Symphonisk. As of right now when I use voice control to play music it only plays on the Beam. Can I set it up so that if I ask it to play something, it plays everywhere?

Thanks

1 reply

@Mike Vee Sorry for the slow reply and welcome to the Sonos Community. In short, the answer to your question is yes. If your Sonos products are not grouped in the Sonos app you can use these voice service commands with your Google setup. Please note, that your music service may limit you to one stream per device. Imagine your phones, computers, tablets and Sonos product(s) as devices. You may only be allowed one stream per room, meaning you may only be able to stream an artist from Sonos Radio in one room, but a different artist using Google Play music in another room while using Pandora in another room.

If you group your rooms in the Sonos app and then voice control to that room, as the group coordinator, the grouped Sonos rooms will play the same song/artist.