Answered

voice assistant beam disables itself

• 19 June 2020
  • 1 reply

Hello. This last month, I've noticed that the voice light is turned off so I try and switch the assistant back on but it's fully disabled. Load up the app and I can see there is no service assigned. I did have Google assistant assigned, both times this has happened.

First time it happened, simply adding the service in the app worked perfectly but tonight I tried but the assistant app couldn't find the product. Rebooted the phone and beam, still same issue. Even connected up via a network cable thinking it could be an issue with my wireless AP. 

The ultimate fix was to reset the beam, which has lost true play settings and just a bit annoying, even though adding the beam back to the controller was easy.

Has anyone had this issue and if so is there a way to stop this from happening?

Cheers. 

icon

Best answer by Annazel S 25 June 2020, 22:01

Hi @johndanielpalmer.
Thank you for your detailed post outlining this issue.
Sorry to hear about what's happening and that is really unlikely.
There are a few points that we need to explore in order to figure this out:
> Were there any changes made on your network before you initially experience the issue?
>Doing a factory reset is not suggested troubleshooting for Sonos devices because you will really lose all the data and settings stored on the speaker.
>I suggest using updated Sonos and Google Assistant Apps.
>Ensure that your Google Assistant account isn’t in use on another Sonos system.
>After you did the reset and successfully add the Google Assistant back to Sonos, did the issue persist?
>You can try to check this article about Help and tips for Google Assistant on Sonos.
>If none of the steps are helping resolve the issue you're having, I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic through the Sonos app, provide us the confirmation number to help us identify what is causing the issue.

Let us know how it goes and If you have any other questions or run into any issues,  please do not hesitate to reach out. 

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Hi @johndanielpalmer.
Thank you for your detailed post outlining this issue.
Sorry to hear about what's happening and that is really unlikely.
There are a few points that we need to explore in order to figure this out:
> Were there any changes made on your network before you initially experience the issue?
>Doing a factory reset is not suggested troubleshooting for Sonos devices because you will really lose all the data and settings stored on the speaker.
>I suggest using updated Sonos and Google Assistant Apps.
>Ensure that your Google Assistant account isn’t in use on another Sonos system.
>After you did the reset and successfully add the Google Assistant back to Sonos, did the issue persist?
>You can try to check this article about Help and tips for Google Assistant on Sonos.
>If none of the steps are helping resolve the issue you're having, I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic through the Sonos app, provide us the confirmation number to help us identify what is causing the issue.

Let us know how it goes and If you have any other questions or run into any issues,  please do not hesitate to reach out.