Answered

Google Voice assistant availability

• 28 December 2020
  • 10 replies

is there a workaround in making voice assistant available? it says not available in your region. this is disappointing. i have an echo show and alexa is available. is there a workaround on this? i live in the philippines. without this voice assistant it’s just another ordinary speaker. for the price i paid i expected this to be available.

icon

Best answer by Mark P 28 December 2020, 18:28

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @FreddieTheBully.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community since you already tried some troubleshooting steps let me try to assist you.

You can change your address in your Sonos profile and Amazon account to a supported country.

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Userlevel 2

I have two Sonos One’s and a Move (amongst others) I have set my country to the Netherlands in my profile already some time ago, but I still cannot find the voice services in my system. I am using the S1 app because I still have some Play:5 players. 

What am I missing?

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @josjg.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community.

The email address your using in the community is this the right one?

It’s actually setup to Portugal.

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Userlevel 2

Good morning and a happy new year!

What do you mean by an email address that is set up to Portugal???
Email addresses have a top level domain, and in my case that is .eu, for “europe”. So I fail to see the link of the email address to Portugal, except for the fact that Portugal is one of the many countries in Europe. It could just as well be linked to Finland, or Greece or the Netherlands, or….. etc

My country is actually the Netherlands, like I mentioned above.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @josjg.

Welcome, thank you for reaching back to Sonos Community.

Sorry for the confusion upon checking in Sonos support website the Netherlands is still not included in Amazon Alexa availability.

But I’ll submit a request to include your country for now we don't have a timeline we can share for this feature, but we'll be sure to make an announcement if we have any updates.

Userlevel 2

Hello @Mark P,

It is actually me who should say, sorry for the confusion.
This thread started with a question about Amazon Alexa, but I would like to install the Google Assistant service.
As that is available in the Netherlands, I am wondering why I cannot see the option to add a Voice Service when I tap “Services & Voice” in the Setting tab. I only see “Music & Content”

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @josjg.

The Netherlands is supported by google voice, If you're not able to see the feature to add voice services it means that the Sonos speakers don't have any built-in microphones.

This link might help you out if you really want to integrate the voice feature into your Sonos products.

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Userlevel 2

Like I mentioned above: “I have two Sonos One’s and a Move”

These have microphone of course, and I still do not see the option to add voice services…….

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @josjg.

Since you already confirmed that you have Sonos one and Sonos move and still not able to see the settings for add voice feature.

I would like to recommend calling our customer phone support on this so you can be assisted with more thorough and in-depth troubleshooting steps as well as remote diagnostics that can be remotely gathered from your Sonos devices with your permission.

Userlevel 2

Not very helpful this support….

For the benefit of other people reading this, the solution I found for myself is very simple, although awkward: Remove the Sonos App from your device (tablet or phone) and re-install. Then it works!

Amazing that a support agent cannot come up with this!