Question

Voice alarms do not work

• 1 July 2020
  • 1 reply

I cannot reliably use my Sonos for voice alarms with Google Assistant. I had hoped the S2 update would fix it, but it has not.

If I set an alarm by voice for 8:30 AM, it acknowledges, but sets it for:

-either-

“You have set an alarm for 1:30 PM snoozed until 8:30 AM tomorrow.”

-or-

“You have set an alarm for 8:30 AM snoozed until 3:30 AM tomorrow.”

Clearly this is a time zone issue. Since I am in CDT, the offset from UTC is 5 hours.

If the alarm is set to the second option, then I don’t get my morning alarm, and am instead woken up at 3:30 AM the next night. If I set the alarm for 8:30 AM for weekdays, which alarm I get on a particular day is random.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @David Flint.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us about your concern.

I would like to share with you our guide when it comes to Control Sonos with Amazon Alexa. This guide specifically provides a specific information about what is and what is not a supported set up when it comes to Amazon Alexa controlling Sonos.

It seems that even though Sonos does not yet support this feature, not only will I be more than happy to add this thread to our feature request but as well as it seems to work on your end. I would also like to recommend reaching out to other members of the Sonos community and seek any additional information.

I would also like to set your expectation that we do not have any turn-around-time for the feature request to be addressed. However, I would like to recommend subscribing to this thread and keep an eye out for any announcement on our announcement thread for any updates that might be released or have already been released.

Let’s reach out for any information that they may provide if they have any experience with Alexa controlling Sonos via alarm.

Please do not hesitate to reach out if you still have further issues or concerns.

Thanks,