Answered

Using Google Assistant to play specific music won't play related songs after it.

• 14 June 2022
  • 1 reply

Whenever I ask Google Assistant on Sonos Roam to play a specific music, it will play just the specific song then stops.

However, the Google Assistant on any other device I own works differently, it will play the song first, and then related songs.

It's quite infuriating because I have added this device to the kitchen and it's supposed to help my wife on listening to music in a hands-off manner, and it's driving both of us nuts. What is the point of having an assistant if you can only achieve the behaviour you want by using the app? (which is quite bad btw)

I see that are some people that have similar complaints as old as 5 years ago. Is there no solution to this?

icon

Best answer by 106rallye 14 June 2022, 19:02

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Google Assistant has been available since may 2020. Complaints from five years ago cannot have been about GA. On my system GA does indeed play one song from Spotify when asked. When commanded from the Sonos app the speaker reverts to the last played Spotify playlist.