Question

Unable to adjust volume of Google Assistant

• 20 May 2020
  • 1 reply

Hi,

When using my Sonos One Google Assistant to listen to news and the days events ("Hey Google, Good morning") the volume increases significantly and cannot be adjusted. I have tried to turn down the volume using the app and physically on the Sonos One device but it continues to play at an extremely loud volume. This never used to occur, it had only started in the last month or so however Google assistant is now unusable as it is too loud.

I have submitted a diagnostic, number: 116898252

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hello @Mark_nzl,

Welcome to the Sonos community and thank you for reaching out with your diagnostic confirmation number.

I have done some digging through Google’s own support site and it does not look like the volume of the assistant’s voice can be controlled separately from the media volume at this time. 

I understand that this behavior is new on your system and I have a few suggestions that you can try that may work.

• Reboot your router and your Sonos players by unplugging them briefly from power. 30 seconds to 1 minute for the router and 10-20 seconds for the Sonos products should be plenty.
  • Remove and then re-add Google assistant from Sonos.
  • Factory-reset the One in the Kitchen only and then re-add the voice service to this Room and note any difference in behavior. 

If you ask the Google Assistant to turn the volume down, is there any difference in the volume of the response?