Question

Two speakers with google assistant unable to play different music on different speakers with Spotify

• 4 August 2020
  • 9 replies

I’ve gotten my daughter a sonos one so that she can play her own music (she doesn’t have a mobile of her own yet so speaking to the speaker felt like a good solution). However any music started from google assistant takes over my music in the rest of the house. Has anyone configured their system to allow for two speakers connected to google assistant that can play different songs on different speakers  simultaneously? I use Spotify family subscription and separate accounts. Can anyone point me to the solution?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @Peter_20.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community.

I'll be more than happy to assist you, how do you give a command to your google assistance?

Are you specifying the specific room to play certain music or songs?

In this link Control, Sonos with the Google Assistant will give you some options to maximize your google assistance experience.

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Is there a solution for this? Also have the same problem, starting a Spotify stream by voice stops all other Spotify streams in other rooms. 

If a voice initiated stream is already playing, starting a stream with the app for another room also cuts the voice room. 

Even two voice initiated streams doesn’t work either, one will always cut the other. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @fufamily8.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community.

Can you submit a diagnostic report

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Diagnostic is 627024579.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @fufamily8.

Welcome, thank you for reaching back to Sonos Community.

Have you already tried to uninstall and install the google voice assistance just to refresh it?

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Yes I have tried the following:

Removed google assistant and re-linked.

Tried different Spotify accounts (linked to Family account).

Could you confirm if parallel streams with Google are even supposed to work in theory?

Hi,

I have the same error.

Dual Spotify streams started from Google Assistant cancel each other.

Dual sportify started directly from Sonos App works great.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Every Spotify steam started by Google is seen One user, so trying to start a second stream will stop the first. The Sonos stream to grouped speakers is seen as one stream.

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Have you enabled Voice Match on the Sonos speaker in question?

Voice Match links a recording of your voice to your Google Account, so that when you ask the Assistant for help, you get personalized responses, including playing from the Spotify account linked to that Google Account.

To set up Voice Match, make sure the Sonos speakers you want to set it up with are plugged in and have Google Assistant enabled on them and you’re connected to the same WiFi network as your Sonos speakers.

Then, open the Google Home app on your phone and log in using your daughter’s Google Account. 
Proceed as follows: Tap profile picture on top right > Assistant settings > select Assistant tab > Voice Match > Add a device > follow on-screen instructions

Note that voice profiles of Google Accounts managed by Family Link can’t be added to most third party Assistant speakers, including Sonos.

If your daughter does have a child account and you cannot setup Voice Match on your Sonos device, create a new grownup Google Account for your daughter with a false birthday, unlink Spotify from her old account and link it to her new one, add the new account to your home in the Google Home app and set up Voice Match from there.