Answered

TuneIn stations disappear from Sonos

• 19 January 2021
  • 7 replies

I use my Sonos One speakers to listen to radio on TuneIn quite a bit.  Around the beginning of this year (2021), a bunch of stations disappeared -- if I ask the Google Assistant to play them it says, sure, then says it can’t find what it’s looking for.  The same stations still come up if I ask for them on other Google devices or my Cortana speaker, and certain stations still come up on the Sonos speakers.

Is there some reason certain TuneIn stations disappeared from the Sonos -- and only the Sonos -- system?

icon

Best answer by Rowena B. 19 January 2021, 22:34

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Thanks.  No amount of fiddling seems to fic the problem so I will try the support line.

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @urocyon,

Welcome to the Sonos community. Thank you for reaching out to us and for your detailed post describing your concern. To help you out why you can’t stream on TuneIn stations, I'll be requesting from you in submitting a diagnostic report and include the confirmation number in your response to find out the cause. Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns, we'll be glad to assist you.   

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Probably more to do with the Tune in changes required as a result of recent court case. 
Have a read of this thread…

I don’t think so: local US station, US listener.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

I’d submit a diagnostic then. 

Thanks -- confirmation number 850786121 on the diagnostic report.

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @urocyon

Thanks for your response and for submitting the diagnostic.

The report detected a high latency in the network. Your kitchen speakers are experiencing a slow connection.

Let me suggest refreshing the network connection and your Sonos to check if this will make any improvements.

• Sequential reboot to refresh your network and all your Sonos devices connection.
    • Unplug your network devices (modem, router, any wireless access points on the network) from the power and wait for 60 full seconds before you plug it back in.
    • Once the router is back online, unplug all your Sonos devices from the power.
    • Please wait 15 seconds before you plug back them back in.
    • Force close the Sonos app from your iOS or Android device.
    • When the status light on your Sonos devices are solid white, get back on the Sonos app and check if you're connected.
  • Test music playback via TuneIn.

If you're still unable to stream on TuneIn stations, I recommend contacting our phone support team with your full network setup including the make and model of each device to further look into this. Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns, we’ll be glad to assist you.