Answered

Switching between Google and Alexa

• 14 May 2019
  • 5 replies

Badge +1
If i wanted to switch back to Alexa or vis a versa , Alexa to Google on my Sonos one app, what is the correct and easiest way to do this?
must I reinstall the voice service again?
thanks
icon

Best answer by Misfit 15 May 2019, 00:32

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Auto switch Voice Assistants awaiting "Ok Google" & "Alexa" instead of App based switch?

Why cant it have BOTH; wait for "Ok Google" and "Alexa" instead of switching from one to the other through App? 

Why not make the VOICE TRIGGER the Switch instead of the App? 

Badge +1
I see where you can change the voice assistant, but it’s so many steps to go thru, it’s like setting it up all over again.
is there not an easier way.?
thanks
Userlevel 5
Badge +13
More - Settings - Room Setting - Select the speaker with the voice assistant

You should see an option to change the assistant.
Badge +1
I was reading the directions ( can’t find it now) that you can easily switch between services but can’t find how you do it easily.
If i wanted to switch back to Alexa or vis a versa , Alexa to Google on my Sonos one app, what is the correct and easiest way to do this?
must I reinstall the voice service again?
thanks

In what way? I believe you can have both services configured on your system at the same time, but each speaker (Sonos One or Beam) will have one at a time. You'd need to reconfigured the specific speaker/room each time I think.

If you want to have both services throughout your home at all times, you might want to use Sonos one service and by a dot/mini for the other. This is the approach I'm considering. I plan on experimenting with Google to see if it's worth having both assistants running.