Answered

Speaker in Google Home but not in Spotify Groups

So, I was able to successfully get my new Sonos One to show up in Google Home. However, it wont show up in the Spotify groups -- Ive tried disconnecting and re-linking everything. 

any ideas? 

Only 3 of the 4 show up.

I do use TP-Link everywhere. 

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 10 July 2022, 21:48

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Might be a simple discovery issue. If you know which wireless access point the missing speaker is connected to, then try simply rebooting that AP and (if necessary) perhaps power-cycle the speaker too.

Thank you - just tried restarting both and still the same on the Google Home app. 

the speaker is indeed there on Spotify Connect -- just not in Google Home. 

Thank you - just tried restarting both and still the same on the Google Home app. 

the speaker is indeed there on Spotify Connect -- just not in Google Home. 

Maybe try going to the Sonos skill/action in Google Home and chose the option to ‘check for new devices’ and see if that resolves the issue for you. See screenshot attached.

Thank you again - I have tried that - went through the process of logging into Sonos again and it gives confirmation that “Sonos is now linked” -- it shows 1 device under Sonos -- however, it still doesnt show up under Spotify speaker list within Google Home. Really strange….  

Thank you again - I have tried that - went through the process of logging into Sonos again and it gives confirmation that “Sonos is now linked” -- it shows 1 device under Sonos -- however, it still doesnt show up under Spotify speaker list within Google Home. Really strange….  

Can you perhaps post a screenshot of what you’re seeing. 

Of course -- so here are all the screens I am seeing. 

Is it possible to group Sonos speakers with non-sonos speakers via Google home? 

The Bedroom speaker if what Id like to add to a group. 

You can see from these images that the speaker shows up on the Spotify App and in the main Google Home Screen -- but just not in Spotify within Google Home App, nor when trying to set up a speaker group. 

Thank you for your help!

Is it possible to group Sonos speakers with non-sonos speakers via Google home? 

The Bedroom speaker if what Id like to add to a group. 

You can see from these images that the speaker shows up on the Spotify App and in the main Google Home Screen -- but just not in Spotify within Google Home App, nor when trying to set up a speaker group. 

Thank you for your help!

It’s not possible to group Sonos Speakers with Google speakers and the area where your are looking at here in the Media section of the Home App, as far as I’m aware, my Sonos speakers have never been present in that area.

I only see my Google devices and Nvidia Shield devices. None of my Sonos speakers are showing and I think that’s likely by design (I’ve assumed that this was mainly for Google Speakers). I have attached a screenshot from my own System FWIW.

Got ya. Thank you - very helpful. 

So I supposed the question is -- can you use Google Assistant to play music for a group of Sonos Speakers? 

I have a sonos port - and could connect that to the “big speakers” to make them part of a Sonos Group. 

Got ya. Thank you - very helpful. 

So I supposed the question is -- can you use Google Assistant to play music for a group of Sonos Speakers? 

I have a sonos port - and could connect that to the “big speakers” to make them part of a Sonos Group. 

Admittedly, I don’t now use Google all that much. I usually group my speakers, either within the Sonos App, or use Alexa, or (more recently) Sonos voice control. If I do then ask Google to play to one of the speakers, it plays to the entire group.

I don’t think there’s a way to group/ungroup the speakers with the Google Assistant, albeit those features are available through the Alexa & SVC voice assistants.

Maybe see this link re. Google voice control: https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3490

The slightly more exclusive and extensive SVC voice commands that are available for Sonos Speakers are shown here in this support link: https://support.sonos.com/s/article/5108

Hope that assists.

awesome - really appreciate your help. 

I hope Sonos is listening and will look into a tighter integration with Google Home. #featurerequest