Question

Sonos won't let me reassign google or amazon

• 12 June 2019
  • 3 replies

I purchased a new "One" with voice assist and set this up under an existing account. I now want to reassign it so that I can use it independently from my other system(s). I was able to un-pair the sonos, but I can't use Amazon or Google. Both want to stay paired with my original account. How do I accomplish this?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
So I assume you factory-reset the One? After that, power down all the 'old' devices and kill the Sonos app. Start up the Sonos app and create a new system on the new One, then add your music accounts to that. When its all done, kill the Sonos app and unplug the new One and move it to its new network. It will then be safe to power up the 'old' devices.\ and the Sonos app will switch back to the old system once it finds it.

You could use the new One on the same network as the old stuff, but its tricky, so I am assuming the new stuff is on a separate network (subnet).
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Ignore my post, I assumed you were talking about music services. Voice services can only be paired to one Sonos system.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I purchased a new "One" with voice assist and set this up under an existing account. I now want to reassign it so that I can use it independently from my other system(s). I was able to un-pair the sonos, but I can't use Amazon or Google. Both want to stay paired with my original account. How do I accomplish this?
What do you mean by 'use it independently from my other system(s)'?