Answered

Sonos sound dipping (Google Home related)

• 9 July 2019
  • 2 replies

Hi All, recently my Sonos beam has started to dip (almost mute) it’s sound at random.

I have a Google Home but I am in a country where Sonos app tells me that Google is not yet supported so I can’t get to any settings relating to this, Nor have I enabled it.

The sound dips whenever I say “Ok Google” and doesn’t come back up. But it also dips at random and doesn’t return.

I use the Beam for TV sound and I don’t ever want it to dip.

Any advice?
icon

Best answer by AjTrek1 9 July 2019, 04:59

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
I have a Google Home but I am in a country where Sonos app tells me that Google is not yet supported so I can’t get to any settings relating to this, Nor have I enabled it.

The sound dips whenever I say “Ok Google” and doesn’t come back up. But it also dips at random and doesn’t return.

Hi Addictweb

You say you have never enabled Google assistant on Sonos yet it appears it wants to respond to commands. Also dipping (actually called ducking) is occurring without Google being mentioned. If there is no one else in your home who could be using the Google command I suggest you perform a factory reset on your Beam. Note: A factory reset will erase any playlists.

After the reset do not try to enable Alexa nor Google. I also suggest setting up your Beam using the optical adapter. Let us know how things sort out.

Cheers!
Thanks for the reply. I will try a factory reset tonight and report back.