sonos Roam not connecting to YouTube music

• 8 July 2021
  • 3 replies

Please help- I'm using Google assistant and it won't play music from YouTube. It will say sure and then "sorry I can't find what you asked for". Radio stations seem fine. But when asking for a specific band no dice.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

Try removing YouTube Music from your music services in the Sonos app and re-adding it, reboot your router, and reboot the Roam following these steps:

1. Disconnect Roam from charging cables and remove it from wireless chargers.
  2. Hold the button on the back of Roam for at least five seconds until you hear the power-off tone and the light above the Sonos logo turns off.
  3. Wait 10 seconds.
  4. Press the button on the back of Roam to turn it back on.

I did each thing one at a time and unfortunately it didn't work. The Google assistant is fine. It just won't play music from YouTube

There's an existing thread for the same issue with tons of folks, including myself, experiencing the same thing. I have yet to find a solution for this, tried everything suggested above and I called their tech support too, but no luck. Wondering if this is only affecting the free version of YouTube Music or the paid version too, but either way Sonos please fix this!