Question

Sonos playlist

• 25 July 2020
  • 5 replies

how can I tell my sonos to shuffle a playlist I have

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

open the app, choose the playlist and then press Shuffle.  If it is a locally stored playlist, rather than a Spotify/Amazon/etc one, then I don’t think you can via a voice command.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Sonos supports around 45 different kinds of playlists. There are Sonos playlists, Imported Playlists, and playlists for many of the supported music services.

Some you can shuffle directly from the music services, others you have to firstly load into the Queue then tap Shuffle.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Shuffling music using voice commands with Google Assistant on Sonos isn’t supported. This means that if I have a playlist for instance with 250 songs, it plays the same ones in the same order each and every single time! This means that in order to have that playlist shuffle I have to reach out for my phone which makes the whole business of using voice commands redundant!

This is really annoying AND embarrassing, Sonos! Get your act together!

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

What a self entitled tone. Sonos like a lot of us have had redundancies and other issues in this current crisis.  But they must jump to your orders to spare your embarrassment, wow, 1st world problem?:thinking:

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

What a self entitled tone. Sonos like a lot of us have had redundancies and other issues in this current crisis.  But they must jump to your orders to spare your embarrassment, wow, 1st world problem?:thinking:

Nope, but this has been an issue from day one and has been mentioned multiple times on this community, and that was months and months ago.

Advertising the Sonos One/Beam/Move as having Google Assistant support but then not being able to give the most basic command to shuffle music on a music speaker is not acceptable, especially since people have spoken up about this and the Google Assistant having been available for over a year now.

Even a tinny Google Home Mini can shuffle music.