Question

Sonos One Voice Recognition

• 18 October 2020
  • 3 replies

Hello,I have just purchased a Sonos One Gen2, I am very satisfied with the sound quality.I am however disappointed with the voice recognition capability with google assistant. The speaker picks up the "OK Google" relatively well, but then it hardly ever understands what happens next other than if I'm close to the speaker or if the sound is very low.Can you tell me why the speaker is picking up OK Google but not more? Is there a way to check if there is a configuration problem?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

I am having a similar problem. When saying the wake word the Assistant on Sonos One can hear me but will completely ignore everything I say after the wake word.

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t.

Sonos need to fix their Assistant integration.

Hi James,

Do you know if this is better with Alexa rather than Google Assistant?

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

The overall experience with Alexa is much better than with the Google Assistant on Sonos. Alexa is much more responsive and can do things such as shuffling music, which the Google Assistant can’t do (on Sonos only that is). You will find a few annoyances though, like not being able to control the volume of alarms set using Alexa, but you have the exact same problem with Google Assistant as well.

If you’re not already invested into the Google ecosystem, Alexa is the way to go until Sonos fix their Google Assistant integration.