Sonos One Stereo Paired with Google Assistant

• 6 July 2019
  • 3 replies

I was celebrating when finally Google assistant update landed here in UK.quickly changed over voice assistance from Alexa to this.But then..
It knocks off the Right speakers mic as i set my sonos on stereo pair.

Has this issue been patched up yet from an update?

Left is the dominant speaker when creating a stereo pair and its the only speaker with enabled mic when changing voice service to google assistant.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

I have same issue. I'm wondering if there is still a way to activate both mics or have only one mic but then have response come in surround. Or switch the default active mic speaker from L to R. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I was celebrating when finally Google assistant update landed here in UK.quickly changed over voice assistance from Alexa to this.But then..
It knocks off the Right speakers mic as i set my sonos on stereo pair.

Has this issue been patched up yet from an update?

Left is the dominant speaker when creating a stereo pair and its the only speaker with enabled mic when changing voice service to google assistant.

Hi

Yes, I'm not sure why this happens but this is working as designed. I must admit that as a result of this behaviour, I've broken my Stereo Pair of Sonos One's and have Alexa on one and Google Assistant on the other.

Would be time that sonos allows two speakers in stereo pair to have their own voice control. It works if they aren't paired, so can't be too hard, even for a sonos developer