Answered

Sonos One (Second Generation) Requested Content Isn't available.

• 8 December 2019
  • 1 reply

I bought the new Sonos One Second Generation speaker a few days ago. Over the last few days I have uploaded all of my record library onto the Google Play Music program (free sevice).

However, I can play any track on the speaker from the Sonos App on my phone but when I use a voice command I keep getting the message “Sorry, the requested content isn’t available for your Google Play music subscription here”. I bought the Sonos One on the assumption that I would be able to do this without having to subscribe to any other service. Please advise. 

icon

Best answer by Ryan S 10 December 2019, 01:33

The Google Assistant on Sonos doesn’t directly link with your library for direct song playback at this time, but I’ll make sure to add your voice to that request. You can use the Google Assistant to control what’s playing, but at this time, songs in Google Play Music uploaded libraries can’t be asked for via the voice assistant.  It defaults to searching the service for the track, which means the subscription.

However,  playlists that have been created using Google Play Music which include your uploaded tracks can be accessed through voice. So you could make some favorite playlists with your uploaded tracks, and then ask for those to play. You can then skip, pause, play, along with other basic controls with your Google Assistant. 

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

The Google Assistant on Sonos doesn’t directly link with your library for direct song playback at this time, but I’ll make sure to add your voice to that request. You can use the Google Assistant to control what’s playing, but at this time, songs in Google Play Music uploaded libraries can’t be asked for via the voice assistant.  It defaults to searching the service for the track, which means the subscription.

However,  playlists that have been created using Google Play Music which include your uploaded tracks can be accessed through voice. So you could make some favorite playlists with your uploaded tracks, and then ask for those to play. You can then skip, pause, play, along with other basic controls with your Google Assistant.