Answered

sonos one google assistant not available in my current country

• 23 June 2021
  • 3 replies

I bought a Sonos One from a local retailer who said it had google assistant, but when I tried to set it up, it said my country is not available.

Is there a way around this? I’m fine using it in English

Here’s the retailer link https://www.worten.pt/tv-video-e-som/home-audio/colunas-wi-fi/assistente-virtual-sonos-one-preto-google-assistant-e-alexa-preto-6557000

image for posterity

I feel like I’ve misled into buying a device that does not offer its cover features.

I could have bought a cheaper device, if I didn’t want google assistant

icon

Best answer by James L. 23 June 2021, 13:22

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Badge +17

@JAM but my account is UK based, where I have my residency.

I bough this one in store locally while staying here.

If you’re physically located in Portugal, then the Google Assistant app will detect that when setting up, thus preventing you from completing setup in a region where the service isn’t supported. We can not assist you in setting up a service in an unsupported region.

Sonos has the manufacture is responsible for how retailers represent the brand.

From the listing on the website, I don’t see anything that is untrue around the specs of the Sonos One. I do, however, agree that it should be more clear as to which services are available in the region that it’s being sold, and I’ll pass that feedback on to our dealer team, and I encourage you to let that specific retailer know this too.

What are my options ? can I get a refund? should i change with a SL ?

Since you purchased the device through a 3rd party retailer, our sales team will not be able to issue you a refund or exchange since the device was not purchased directly from us. You will need to speak to Worten to arrange any replacement or refund of your Sonos One. 

Badge +17

Hi @FernandoMiguel,

Unfortunately, Google Assistant isn’t available in Portugal at this time. If your country isn’t on our supported regions page then you will not be able to set up Google Assistant on Sonos.

The retailer you’ve linked has indeed specified that the Sonos One is Google Assistant and Alexa compatible, but doesn’t list which regions it’s available in. Unfortunately, that’s not something inside our control, and you’d need to flag this with the retailer. The listing of specifications isn’t incorrect, since the device is in fact capable of running those services, but the service in question is not available for your region.

Google is the deciding party as to which regions are available for their integration on Sonos. We’re working hard with the team at Google to bring support to additional regions. While we don’t have any news to share about support for Portugal at this time, we can pass along your interest to the team. You should still get back in touch with the retailer should you wish to let them know of this or to arrange a replacement device.

@JAM but my account is UK based, where I have my residency.

I bough this one in store locally while staying here.

Sonos has the manufacture is responsible for how retailers represent the brand.

What are my options ? can I get a refund? should i change with a SL ?