Answered

Sonos not playing broadcasts

• 8 June 2019
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2
I've tried on my Beam, a Sonos One Gen 2 in my kitchen and my Sonos One Gen 2's as surrounds in my living room. None of them will play a broadcast message no matter where it originates from. I've checked for updates, everything is up to date. All of them will send a message but non of them will play any.

Otherwise, the GA seems to be working fine. This is quite inconvenient though. Hope there is an update to fix this soon.
icon

Best answer by Hackersmovie 10 June 2019, 17:58

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2
Just figured it out.... In the Sonos app

Settings>Room Settings>(Select Room)>Voice Services GA>Google Assistant Settings>Default Media Output ---- Select the appropriate Sonos speaker.

For some reason this was not selected by default. Once I selected the proper Media Output devices they all worked.
Userlevel 1
Badge +2
Works for me. If I Broadcast from the Sonos One, it says Ok and the broadcast message comes out of my other Google Home speakers. If I Broadcast from one of the Google Home speakers, the broadcast message comes out of my Sonos One (delayed a few seconds from the Google Home speakers, like almost everything with Sonos). Same if I Broadcast a text message from my phone.

How are you sending the Broadcast? Are you sure all the Broadcasting device and the speakers are on the same account?

I can broadcast FROM any of my Sonos speakers (Beam, One Gen2, etc) and it will be played through my other Google home devices but, NONE of my Sonos speakers. If I initiate the broadcast from my phone, a Google Home device or Sonos speaker they only play through the Google devices. The Sonos speakers will SEND a broadcast but, just won't play any of them. I only have one Google account and one Sonos account so I'm not sure how I could be using a wrong or different account. It's very strange as every other command works. Even CEC on my TV through my Beam in my bedroom. TV on/off, volume etc. all works.
Userlevel 5
Badge +8
Works for me. If I Broadcast from the Sonos One, it says Ok and the broadcast message comes out of my other Google Home speakers. If I Broadcast from one of the Google Home speakers, the broadcast message comes out of my Sonos One (delayed a few seconds from the Google Home speakers, like almost everything with Sonos). Same if I Broadcast a text message from my phone.

How are you sending the Broadcast? Are you sure all the Broadcasting device and the speakers are on the same account?