Answered

Sonos Google Assisstant setup issue.

• 16 September 2020
  • 3 replies

I just installed a new Sonos One with voice assistant. Upon setting up the google assistant service I can’t get it to complete. I start in Sonos, select google assistant service and then it links over to the google assistant app. I linked the account and gave authorization to connect. Then I select the room from the speaker. At that point I’ve completed the setup and I’m back to the Google assistant home screen. When I switch back to the Sonos app the screen where you link your google assistant account is still open and the spiral is spinning. After another minute or two it times out and gives an error message and asks to start the process over again. When I look in Google Assistant and add a device, it says my Sonos Device is connected. If I close the Sonos app and open it again, google voice service is not linked. What now? 

icon

Best answer by Simon B 17 September 2020, 22:36

Hi @jasjayou, Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community. Sorry to hear about the issue that you have with adding Google Assistant on the Sonos App and thanks for the detailed outline of what you have done to resolve the issue. I’ll be asking some questions and will give some suggestions on some troubleshooting steps that you can follow.

• Can you try to sign out or log out from the Google accounts that are signed in on your browser on your device controller?
  • Have you set up the Google Assistant before or is this a first time set up?
  • Have you tried another controller where you can try to add the Google Assistant on the Sonos App?
  • What is the make and model of the controller device that you’re using to add the Google Assistant on the Sonos App?

Kindly refer to this link on some steps of troubleshooting when adding Google Assistant on the Sonos App. 

If you have other questions with your Sonos products, feel free to reach out.

The Sonos community is always here to help. 

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi @jasjayou, Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community. Sorry to hear about the issue that you have with adding Google Assistant on the Sonos App and thanks for the detailed outline of what you have done to resolve the issue. I’ll be asking some questions and will give some suggestions on some troubleshooting steps that you can follow.

• Can you try to sign out or log out from the Google accounts that are signed in on your browser on your device controller?
  • Have you set up the Google Assistant before or is this a first time set up?
  • Have you tried another controller where you can try to add the Google Assistant on the Sonos App?
  • What is the make and model of the controller device that you’re using to add the Google Assistant on the Sonos App?

Kindly refer to this link on some steps of troubleshooting when adding Google Assistant on the Sonos App. 

Hi Simon, signing out and back into google did the trick! I am using an IPhone 8. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi @jasjayou, thanks for the quick update. I’m glad it worked after signing out and signing back in on your Google account did the trick.