Answered

Sonos can't find products and therefore won't add Google Assistant

• 21 March 2021
  • 4 replies

Hi,

So I’ve just set up my Sonos system in my new apartment. It’s a Sonos Bram and Sonos One (Gen2). All is working smoothly. Have added music services and all that without any issues.

Then I’m trying to add Google Assistant to my speakers. But once it just jumps over to the Google Assistant app and after I’ve successfully login, the Sonos page (inside the Google Assistant app) tells me to register my speakers to the account I just signed into, and until then Google Assistant can’t be added to my system.

Here’s the thing. It’s the correct account and when I log into the same account here on Sonos.com and view my “System” both the speakers are correctly registered.

What the hell should or can I do to get around this? The curious thing is, that the text where it says I need to register my speakers talks about Alexa. Could there maybe be an incredible annoying bug in Sonos system?

icon

Best answer by JamesDan 21 March 2021, 15:34

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

I had the exact same problem. 

My Google Nest Mini wasn’t able to control my speakers properly, so I tried relinking my Sonos account to Google Assistant using the Google Home app.

After unlinking my Sonos account, I wasn’t able to link it again. I received the same error message as you, saying that I need to register some speakers first before linking Google Assistant.

I even went as far a resetting my entire system, which didn’t yield any positive results, the same error message kept appearing. 
Upon checking my Sonos account, it showed me all my registered speakers, so nothing wrong there.

After trying to link my Sonos account a few more times, it just started working again.

There does indeed seem to be some kind of server problem!

My Google Nest Mini wasn’t able to control my speakers properly, so I tried relinking my Sonos account to Google Assistant using the Google Home app.

After unlinking my Sonos account, I wasn’t able to link it again. I received the same error message as you, saying that I need to register some speakers first before linking Google Assistant.

I even went as far a resetting my entire system, which didn’t yield any positive results, the same error message kept appearing. 
Upon checking my Sonos account, it showed me all my registered speakers, so nothing wrong there.

After trying to link my Sonos account a few more times, it just started working again.

This is exactly what I’m experiencing!

So what you’re telling me is that I just keep (spam) trying to link Google Assistant from the Sonos app, and then eventually it should work? :tired_face::tired_face: 

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

So what you’re telling me is that I just keep (spam) trying to link Google Assistant from the Sonos app, and then eventually it should work? :tired_face::tired_face: 

Oh no, I think this thread needs more attention, this issue needs to be fixed properly, as it makes it impossible to link Google Assistant and Alexa to Sonos! Hopefully someone will chime in soon and pass this on to the technical department.

Oh no, I think this thread needs more attention, this issue needs to be fixed properly, as it makes it impossible to link Google Assistant and Alexa to Sonos! Hopefully someone will chime in soon and pass this on to the technical department.

After having failed about 9-10 times, I had to put it down for 10-15 minutes to play with the kid.

Just tried again and now it works without any issue, just like you said :joy::joy::joy:

Oh well, happy days. Thanks for the tip of not giving up :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: