Question

Sonos beam stopped turning off tv after 2 years

• 11 June 2020
  • 3 replies

Badge

So I have 2 Sono Beams… on two different TV’s, a LG OLED B7 and a Samsung KS8000. I got both right around the time they were released. Both beams worked fine to turn the on and off. However about two weeks ago the beam connected to my Samsung KS8000 out of now where just no longer will turn the tv off with voice commands. I did not change any settings on the tv, did not update any firmware and did not change anything within the google assistant or home apps. So basically nothing has been changed and it just stopped working.

I have read about Samsung’s issues and the tv must be on the input the beam is connected to in order to turn the tv off, however that still does not work. Also, the fact it worked for two years without a hiccup and just stops out of nowhere is strange. 

I am at a loss on how to fix this and need help. Anyone have any suggestions or run into a simmilar problem? Thanks!

3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Had something similar, solved it by disabling the Sony Smart TV device in the Alexa App. Counter-intuitive but worked in this case.

Badge

Had something similar, solved it by disabling the Sony Smart TV device in the Alexa App. Counter-intuitive but worked in this case.

Yeah pretty sure I do not have anything like that for my Samsung tv. Makes no sense and its driving me crazy… literally worked for 2 years and just stopped.

Badge

There’s literally no solution to fix this? Makes zero sense and super frustrating...