Question

Sonos Arc, Google Assistant and Android TV, on and off controls, how do they work?

• 18 July 2020
  • 1 reply

Hi everyone,

I recently bought a Sonos Arc, my very first Sonos purchase and am very happy with it. The only problem I’m having is with using Google Assistant to turn my tv on and off. The Arc is placed directly in front of the Sony 2015 Android TV and I’m using the IR repeaters. I’ve setup the Sonos Arc TV Control in Google Home.

I ask Google to switch of the tv and it works most of the time. Turning is back on via Google doesn’t seem to work consistently. Also, when I ask Google to switch of the TV, the Arc is set to mute. The other thing I’m noticing is that the Arc appears to be switching off the tv completely and not putting it on standby so I’m having to wait for the TV to boot up when it turns on.

I’m a bit confused by how all of this is suppose to work and how I should be setting up and what I should. If anyone can give me some advise or directions, that would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi @REbock, Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community. Regarding your concern about your Sonos Arc, so that we will be able to check further, I’ll ask you to submit a diagnostic report for us to further investigate what could be causing this issue. You may reply to the thread with the confirmation number to assist you with this issue.  

Let us know how you get on with the advice above.

We're here to answer any further questions you have.