Answered

Sonos and Google Assistant not connecting.

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

53 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi folks,

The outage should now be resolved. If you're still having some troubles with Google Assistant, please try the steps in this thread to get it working. If that doesn't help, send in a diagnostic report and reply here with the confirmation number.
Confirmation number: 300995857

It's been a week and a half and still not working. I submitted confirmation of my diagnostics, how and when do you think I will be receiving a response to this? Is this still being sorted out?
You may want to contact Sonos Support to discuss it. I tend to suggest the phone folks, they have more tools available, but are only available during business hours. Both the Twitter and Facebook support folks are available 24/7.

The community forum moderators tend to be online during work hours only, like the phone folks.

Moderator note: Some users have been able to resolve this via the workaround of temporarily removing their music services from their respective Sonos systems. In addition, we also have an article containing steps to start with here before contacting our support agents.
I think I might have found the solution, unlink all music services from your Sonos device. This worked for me and immediately after I was able to set all my sonos speakers to google assistant and discovery went fine.

Before I also had the problem with it not finding the speakers.

This worked for me. Thanks for sharing!