Question

Sonos 1 + Google Assistant + CBC World Report Playback cuts off early

• 16 October 2020
  • 1 reply

Hello! I have a Sonos 1 in the kitchen where I use Google Assistant for music, news and Spotify playback. Music works fine and plays back without issue but we often have an issue where podcasts and specifically CBC World Report playback cuts off early, usually around the same point every day with the speaker stopping the stream mid-sentence after about 4 minutes and instantly announcing “That’s all for now.”

All devices updates. No issues with wifi or internet. Any advice would be much appreciated!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @chadgalloway@gmail.com.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community!

I appreciate your detailed post outlining the issue as well as the step(s) that you did, let me help and try to figure this out.

May I know when was the last time it worked without this issue?

Was there any change made on your network/system recently?

Kindly submit a diagnostic report through the Sonos app when the issue occurs, and reply with the confirmation number. I'd start by reviewing your system as well as the status of the devices, it will also help in identifying what's possibly causing the issue.

I’m looking forward to assisting you further from here.

If you have any other questions or run into any issues,  please do not hesitate to reach out,  we are always here to help.