Question

Snoozing on Beam and Google Assisant

• 29 May 2020
  • 1 reply

Hello,

I have a Sonos Beam and use the Google Assistant.  Sometimes I like to set an alarm using the assistant, for instance “google, wake me up at 0730”.  When the alarm goes off, I feel like I want an extra 10mins, so I say “google, snooze alarm”.  The assistant happily says “sure, snooze for 10mins” but the alarm is still going and you cant turn it off without having to tell the assistant to turn the alarm off altogether, which then the snooze is now a waste of time :)

Is there a way to actually get the assistant to snooze and stop the alarm until the 10mins is up?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hello @johndanielpalmer,

Welcome to the Sonos Community and thank you for reaching out with your question.

It seems odd that the Google Assistant would only work half-way in this feature. Do you have any other Google Home devices that you can test the alarm feature on to compare the functionality?

• Are there any other Google Assistant commands that are giving you trouble?
  • If you include the room name in your snooze command, is there any change in the behavior?

Please submit a diagnostic report from your system after the snooze command fails and include the confirmation number if you would like us to dig into this command issue on your Sonos system.