Question

scheduled max volume & night mode

• 10 August 2020
  • 5 replies

Hi,

2 things hopefully able to be fixed:

Listening to sonos with higher volume on the day and then asking with Google Assistant later, e.g. switch the lights of. Is very annoying. As Sonos repeats with the last volume set very loud.

Either a separate volume for voice assistant or a scheduled maximum volume set would be important.

IFTT does not work as well because I can only set to a specific volume what could potentially increase the volume while watching TV.

The second wish would be scheduled activation of the night mode.

Thanks,

Lukas

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @LuckyLuckyLuke, welcome to the community.

Thank you for reaching out and I will be assisting you.

I would like to clarify when asking Google Assistant she repeats the command as if it was shouting? 

and you want to have a separate volume for the Google Assistant? I’m I correct?

If you have other concerns, feel free to reach out.

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @LuckyLuckyLuke, welcome to the community.

Thank you for reaching out and I will be assisting you.

I would like to clarify when asking Google Assistant she repeats the command as if it was shouting? 

and you want to have a separate volume for the Google Assistant? I’m I correct?

If you have other concerns, feel free to reach out.

I think what Luke means is that when music has been playing at a high volume during the day and he then later on at night asks Google Assistant on Sonos to turn off the light the Google Assistant responds at that same volume, instead of replying at a lower volume automatically.

Most speakers with Google Assistant support a function called night mode, which reduces the volume of responses during specified times. Night mode can be scheduled for any given day or time.

The volume of responses when night mode is enabled can be set by the user. So if Luke listens to music at 60% volume during the day, the volume decreases to 20% automatically at 8pm for instance when night mode is enabled if he configured night mode that way.

In addition to that, do not disturb can also be scheduled with night mode, which stops reminders and messages from coming through, while alarms and timers can still be heard.

Night mode would only come in handy if alarms set using Google Assistant had a separate volume though, which isn’t supported on Sonos.

Yes, exactly what @JamesDan described.

Thank you!

The second thought was about scheduling the Sonos Arc night mode what is a completely separate topic, 

E.g. activating it automatically at 10p.m. so our neighbors stay our friends while watching movies.

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @JamesDan and @LuckyLuckyLuke, thank you for the clarification and sorry for the late response.

Yes, the night mode function of Google Assistant for our system is not yet supported. 

I’ll pass this along as a feature request to notify our engineers. 

They’ll be the ones to decide what to add to the system.

if you have other concerns, feel free to reach out.