Question

Russian language on Sonos One + Google Assistance

• 10 February 2020
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

I bought Sonos One couple of months ago and connected the Google Assistant straight away. Despite the Google Assistant app was saying the Russian language not supported by the Sonos One device it actually was working in Russian - it was reacting on “Окей, Гугл” ( “OK, Google” in Russian ) and was understanding the Russian speech and responding in Russian just fine. Same as it was responding just fine in English when activated by “OK, Google”.

But (I assume) with the latest update of the Sonos about a month ago, the Russian language has disappeared. The Sonos is still can be activated by saying “Окей, Гугл” ( “OK, Google” in Russian ), but goes no further than that ( getting “Sorry, I don’t know how to help” for requests in Russian )That’s a bit weird.

I want the Russian language back, please! :smiley:  Especially considering it’s still reacting to “Окей, Гугл” !

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

See here in which country you live in. It might be the Russian Federation. :wink:

Userlevel 1

Is the region set on the Sonos site affects this somehow? Like, I still have a Russian + English set in the Assistant app as before, when it was able to speak Russian. Will changing my profile region on the Sonos site will help or affect this anyhow?

Is the region set on the Sonos site affects this somehow? Like, I still have a Russian + English set in the Assistant app as before, when it was able to speak Russian. Will changing my profile region on the Sonos site will help or affect this anyhow?

Change the country and language settings everywhere where it applies, in the Google Assistant App and on the Sonos site.

Userlevel 1

Changing country to Russian Federation in profile makes Voice Assistants fully unavailable on the Sonos app - they’re disappearing from the “Services” menu and saying that “Voice assistance are not supported in your country” if trying to click “add voice assistant” button from the initial setup screen. So, I am out of choices apparently :drooling_face:

p.s. the Sonos site does not offer Russian language as an option in the “Preferred Language” dropdown at all

@lakwalka were you able to setup Russian language? I have the same problem now.

Badge +3

Hi!

Is any changes in Russian language support now?

I need it too. =)