Question

Roku TV - Beam powers OFF the TV and controls volume with Google Voice but will not Power ON?

• 2 December 2020
  • 1 reply

Just checking if the is my Roku TV or there is a fix?

#1 Google Voice through Beam turns off and controls volume up/down but will not turn TV ON?

#2 - Also: When I play music on through the Beam, what command do I say to get it back to TV without using the Sonos App?

I tried variations of

“Hey Google switch bedroom to TV”  

“Hey Google switch bedroom back to TV

“Hey Google turn on bedroom to TV

None of these work?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Ray- THE BATMAN

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us. Google Assistant control for your TV requires an HDMI-ARC connection between your TV and your Sonos Beam.

Let me share with you the troubleshooting steps that you can follow to get your Google Assistant working again.

1. Enable TV Autoplay enabled in the Sonos app?
    • Settings > System > [Home Theater Room] > TV Autoplay.
    • Ask Google Assistant to turn on the TV. 
  2. Try asking Google Assistant specific commands 
    • For example: “Hey Google, turn on the bedroom TV” or "Okay Google, turn on the bedroom TV"
  3. Remove and re-add Google Assistant from Sonos to re-establish the connection with Google Assistant servers. 
  4. Run through the Google Assistant troubleshooting guide

Please keep me posted on the progress and let me know how it goes. If you run into any issues, run a diagnostic report from your Sonos system. Just include the confirmation number in your response so that we can look up the information.