Resolved

(Resolved) Partial Outage - Google Assistant

• 20 August 2019
  • 33 replies
(Resolved) Partial Outage - Google Assistant
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Google Assistant is experiencing temporary issues today, the 20th of August '19. You may find that you are unable to initiate music playback. Upon trying, you will receive the following voice notification: ”I can’t do that here, but you can ask me to play it on one of your other devices”. You can view the status of any ongoing outages via our Status page.

We are currently investigating the issue and we will have it fixed as soon as possible.

We will update this thread once the outage is resolved. Many thanks for your patience and understanding!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

33 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge
Did not talk to customer care yet no, let me go do that indeed. Thanks for your remarks so far.
Userlevel 2
Badge
Did not talk to customer care yet no, let me go do that indeed. Thanks for your remarks so far.
Yesterday 90 minutes of trial and error with customer care, no resolution, they have no idea why it is not working... My google devices just work fine, Sonos does not, so who is the problem here? :S

Bought three One's about 2 yrs ago... 1 yr and 10 months after the purchase they finally 'deliver' on the 'voice assistant' promise that is mentioned on the box... Wonderful...

Well done Sonos, well done...
Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Did not talk to customer care yet no, let me go do that indeed. Thanks for your remarks so far.Yesterday 90 minutes of trial and error with customer care, no resolution, they have no idea why it is not working... My google devices just work fine, Sonos does not, so who is the problem here? :S

Bought three One's about 2 yrs ago... 1 yr and 10 months after the purchase they finally 'deliver' on the 'voice assistant' promise that is mentioned on the box... Wonderful...

Hi there,

The outage referred to in this thread has since been resolved, so there's something else going on. Generally, our support teams do not give up on issues. You can reply to the email sent to you by the tech letting them know the issue remains and they should escalate your ticket, or give you further troubleshooting instructions. I wasn't able to find your case from your forum account.
Userlevel 2
Badge

Did not talk to customer care yet no, let me go do that indeed. Thanks for your remarks so far.Yesterday 90 minutes of trial and error with customer care, no resolution, they have no idea why it is not working... My google devices just work fine, Sonos does not, so who is the problem here? :S

Hi there,

The outage referred to in this thread has since been resolved, so there's something else going on. Generally, our support teams do not give up on issues. You can reply to the email sent to you by the tech letting them know the issue remains and they should escalate your ticket, or give you further troubleshooting instructions. I wasn't able to find your case from your forum account.

Thanks for your reply. After finishing the call yesterday they promised me to send me a case number, but up to now I did not receive anything...

What do I need to supply to you so you’ll be able to locate my case?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
@martijnj I'll send you a direct message.
Hi,

I'm in Belgium and I have exactly the same problem.

When I ask google to play Music on spotify , google say 'Sorry I can't do that'.

Can you help me ?
Hi I am having this issue as of today as well. is there an outage] again?
This hasnt been working for me for 30 days now. Have been using alexa this last month, and tried today again.

still no luck

have tried to reset the sonos, relink spotify, use youtube music and amazon instead.

whenever i ask to play music it gives me error ”i cant help with that”, even when i start playing music from my phone on spotify, and then tell google to pause, it can’t.

alexa works flawless, but since i tried reseting everything in google assistant etc, i guess you are the problem here...

solve it!