problems setting up sonos one gen2

• 15 June 2019
  • 2 replies

It has been imposible to connect my sonos one gen2 with Google assistant. Alexa works, but will not control Spotify, so I can listen to music but need my phone to pause, fast forward, selector, etc. Very dissapointed. Chatted with support, no solution. I have a JBL smart speaker, installation was a breeze, works perfect with Spotify, smart switches etc.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
What do you mean they have no solution? What did they say was the issue?
I don't have Google but Alexa works perfectly with Spotify. Maybe give us a bit more information on the full issue, have your set up Spotify as the default music service in Alexa for example?
I went through the entire process of facory rebooting, diagnostics, resetting my web server, etc. following instructions from customer support via Messenger. Google assistant still doesnt work. I decided to try Alexa, and it works partially. When I ask it "play Miles Davis on Spotify" It says " You need a premium Spotify account". I have linked my account, made it the default music service, can listen to it on the Sonos one but not control unless I use my phone. Frustrated. Thanks for your reply!