Answered

Play Sonos Radio from Google Assistant

• 22 July 2020
  • 1 reply

I'm trying to set up commands to start a Sonos Radio station such as 'kids rock' or any other for that matter via Google assistant. 

Every command I setup will either try and play music my default music service or tune in radio.

Anybody have luck with this?

icon

Best answer by Annazel S 23 July 2020, 15:50

Hi @Lil4alot.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community!

Starting playback of Sonos Radio through voice is not available at this time.

For now, voice assistants will utilize the default radio services selected from within their respective apps.

I can certainly pass along your interest to the team and switch this thread over to an idea, that way people can follow the status in case there is any news in the future. 

If you have any other questions or run into any issues,  please do not hesitate to reach out.

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Lil4alot.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community!

Starting playback of Sonos Radio through voice is not available at this time.

For now, voice assistants will utilize the default radio services selected from within their respective apps.

I can certainly pass along your interest to the team and switch this thread over to an idea, that way people can follow the status in case there is any news in the future. 

If you have any other questions or run into any issues,  please do not hesitate to reach out.