Question

Pausing with Google Assistant

• 1 September 2019
  • 0 replies

I've just got my Beam. Very impressed with the sound quality and the ease of setup, my TV is a 9 year old Sharp Aquos and I thought I'd end up using the optical cable but was very happy to discover Aquos Link is, in fact, HDMI-CNC! So, all working. Good stuff.

I knew GA integration was a bit quirky but I was really frustrated not to be able to pause Netflix or YouTube with GA. "OK Google, pause" just resulted in "sorry, there was an error". Once paused (via the app on my phone), a simple "ok Google, play" gets it started again.

I tried renaming the Beam but no luck.

Strangely though, an "ok Google, pause" works with Google Play Music.

After fiddling and searching for a while my son eventually suggested "OK Google, pause Netflix/YouTube", which, to my delight, works!

This isn't a big deal but are there a lot of these inconsistencies? I'm wondering if there's other functionality that I might discover seems not to work as my phrasing isn't quite right.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.