Question

Need to say command two times

• 8 November 2020
  • 3 replies

Since we moved to a new apartment we had to reinstall our sonos products, and now we always have to say our commands twice before sonos starts music. What is the problem? Google assistant hears our first call and answers that it should turn on music, but then nothing starts. If we ask the same thing again it works. But since it is the same every time, there must be something wrong with settings or something like that? Anyone who knows?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Elliebellie, thank you for your response and for submitting the diagnostic. Let me check it for you.s.

Based on the diagnostic, there's interference in your wireless network that is caused by wireless congestion, and an audio playback failure was detected in your Sonos system the audio feed is too slow. This could be the reason why you're having an issue with Google Assistant.

Let me suggest the next troubleshooting steps, to perform a sequential reboot of your network devices, all your Sonos products, and force close mobile controllers to refresh the connection. 

A sequential reboot means that we need to do this in order.
1. Unplug your network devices (modem, router, any wireless access points on the network) from the power and wait for 60 full seconds before you plug it back in.
2. Once the router is back online, unplug all your Sonos devices from the power. Please wait 15 seconds before you plug back them back in.
3. Force close the Sonos app from your iOS or Android device.
4. When the status light on your Sonos speakers are solid white, get back on the Sonos app and check if you're connected.

If you're still having the same issue, please proceed to the next steps:
1. Check if your Google account country/location is correct.
2. Sign out from your Google accounts on your device controller and browsers.
3. Remove and re-add the Google Assistant on the Sonos app.
4. Hardwire one of your speakers to your router and check if Google Assistant will work.

If you still getting the same error after performing the steps above, it would be best for you to continue working with us over the phone to expedite the process. I recommend contacting our Sonos Customer Care support to perform in-depth troubleshooting and understand your full network setup including the make and model of each device. Our phone support has the tools to check what's going on in your system and to remotely access your device to provide the best option for you.

Please let us know if you still have further questions or concerns. We are always here to help.

My confirmation number is 752692789. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Elliebellie, thank you for reaching out to us and welcome the Sonos community. I’d be happy to help you all here and it would be best for those having trouble submitting a diagnostic report of your system for better understanding and see what would be best for the setup. Reply to us with the confirmation number. We and the community are always here to help.