Answered

Multiple Issues With Google Assistant

• 23 September 2021
  • 5 replies

I live in an apartment. I have a SONOS Beam and 2 SL speakers set up with a TV in the Master Bedroom. I also have a Beam and 2 SL speakers set up with the TV in the Living Room. I use Google assistant on Sonos. 

For the past year or so this has worked perfectly. Recently (and it does not appear to be associated with an update) Google assistant on both systems responds with “Sorry there was a glitch, try again in a few seconds” about 50% of the time. 

Yesterday when I walked in the house both Beams were responding with: “There is no internet connection”. There was NO internet problem as my phone and PC’s were working correctly. I tried to re-setup all SONOS speakers and now I can only connect one complete set (BEAM and 2 SL’s). If I connect the LR setup then the BR one will not configure and vice versa.

I’m curious if something was changed in the software lately that is causing all of the grief?

Should I be using Google Nest’s and not Google Asst on Sonos?

icon

Best answer by James L. 24 September 2021, 09:38

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Badge +17

Hi @gpicard5,

There were some issues with some of our cloud services 2 days ago which caused some service interruptions with voice services and some 3rd party integrations. These issues have since been resolved and you should be able to use Google Assistant again.

Please keep an eye on our status page for up-to-date information on any service disruptions as they will be posted there first.

Let me know if you’re still having issues.

Badge +17

Hi.  Never mind my question.  Since tonight,  Google assistent works again. 😀

Perfect :slight_smile:

It seems like there was another outage to our cloud services on the 25th that affected a number of users in the EU and UK - this is likely what was causing your Google Assistant problems.

Badge +1

Hi all, I have a Sonos Arc, Arcana and Chromecast with Google TV setup. I am experiencing a similar problem as @CelMar where there was a short period of time after buying the Arc where the Google Assistant worked fine, but now it will pause for a while then reply back with the glitch message. If I were to then repeat the command it would work. However, after about an hour or so later, if I were to try a command, the same problem would repeat. Any clues as to what might be the problem? Thank you.

Hi James L,

As I have the same issue (“I can’t reach the internet right now check your modem or router connection and try again”) and hooking the Sonos One up to Ethernet, resetting the connection, trying to connect to Google Assistant again all don't work, I ended up here. The status page you referred to says that all is up and running again. But…. Here it still seems a bit broken.

Is there anything that I can do or any info that you have about this problem?

Hi @gpicard5,

There were some issues with some of our cloud services 2 days ago which caused some service interruptions with voice services and some 3rd party integrations. These issues have since been resolved and you should be able to use Google Assistant again.

Please keep an eye on our status page for up-to-date information on any service disruptions as they will be posted there first.

Hi.  Never mind my question.  Since tonight,  Google assistent works again. 😀

Hi James L,

As I have the same issue (“I can’t reach the internet right now check your modem or router connection and try again”) and hooking the Sonos One up to Ethernet, resetting the connection, trying to connect to Google Assistant again all don't work, I ended up here. The status page you referred to says that all is up and running again. But…. Here it still seems a bit broken.

Is there anything that I can do or any info that you have about this problem?

Hi @gpicard5,