Question

Lights out

Userlevel 3
Badge +1
When I tell Google assistant 'lights out' either on a google home or on my phone I get the response "ok turning off 15 lights" and every light in my house turns off.

When I give this same command to any one of my 9 sonos ones I get "ok. Turning off the kitchen light" or "ok turning off the livingroom lights" etc. It only turns off the lights in the same room as the sonos one to which I am speaking.. It's completely useless. If I'm going to go room to room telling Google assistant to turn off lights before I leave the house I may as well just use the switches..

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

"All lights off" works for me.

However I find it kind of cool that it matches Sonos room with Hue room, so I love this behaviour. 🙂
Userlevel 3
Badge +1
That sounds like a niggle with the integration. Have you reported it to it to both Sonos and Google?

Our custom routines seem to be working via the Sonos integration, so as a workaround you could set up a custom routine with a phrase of your choosing that will turn off all your lights.
Userlevel 3
Badge +1
"All lights off" works for me.

However I find it kind of cool that it matches Sonos room with Hue room, so I love this behaviour. :)

All lights off doesn't work for me either. Again responds with just all the lights in that room.

As for liking it.. You could always use turn off livingroom lights or what not and that worked perfectly. But loosing the ability to run the whole house off is very frustrating.
Userlevel 3
Badge +1
That sounds like a niggle with the integration. Have you reported it to it to both Sonos and Google?

Our custom routines seem to be working via the Sonos integration, so as a workaround you could set up a custom routine with a phrase of your choosing that will turn off all your lights.

Oh really? The press release specifically said routines were not supported so I hadn't tried. If so that might be an acceptable solution.

As for reporting to both sonos and google.. How would one go about ?

Edit: never mind I see you've linked the feedback forms
Userlevel 2

Want to swap devices? My beam will only turn off all the lights. I can’t get it to respect the room it is in.