Answered

Issue at running google assistant on a beam and a one

• 30 June 2020
  • 1 reply

Hi community, 

I have a sonos group including a beam in the living room, and a pair of ones in the (open) ktichen. Both of the ‘groups’ are set with Google assitant, but they reply to all of my commands simultaneously as well. Can’t I set the sonos speaker which is closest to respond? 

Regards, 

Rob

icon

Best answer by Paul A 2 July 2020, 18:54

Hi @SmitR.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thank you for reaching out to us.

I find that a not normal situation since Google Assistant should respond only via the nearest voice enabled Sonos device to the person giving the command.

I think having to mention the “group” word, this is a normal behavior when all of them are grouped on the Sonos app and you give Google Assistant a plain and simple command of “Hey Google, play music”. Unless they are not grouped and are set individually with in the Sonos app, they would act as if you are giving the command to play music everywhere.

I would like to recommend going through this guide on how to group and ungroup on the Sonos app. Once verified that all Sonos devices are ungrouped on the Sonos app, try giving Google Assistant a specific command Here is a guide on how to give Google Assistant specific commands.

Let me know how it goes. We are always ready to help.

Thanks,

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @SmitR.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thank you for reaching out to us.

I find that a not normal situation since Google Assistant should respond only via the nearest voice enabled Sonos device to the person giving the command.

I think having to mention the “group” word, this is a normal behavior when all of them are grouped on the Sonos app and you give Google Assistant a plain and simple command of “Hey Google, play music”. Unless they are not grouped and are set individually with in the Sonos app, they would act as if you are giving the command to play music everywhere.

I would like to recommend going through this guide on how to group and ungroup on the Sonos app. Once verified that all Sonos devices are ungrouped on the Sonos app, try giving Google Assistant a specific command Here is a guide on how to give Google Assistant specific commands.

Let me know how it goes. We are always ready to help.

Thanks,