Answered

Is there a way to use google assistant on Sonos One/Beam to identify the song currently playing on radio?

• 14 April 2020
  • 2 replies

Badge

Does anyone know of how google assistant can be used to identify the song currently playing on the radio? Thinking along the lines of Google Sound Seach, Shazam, Musixmatch as I’ve not seen anywhere that the Sonos app shows the current song being played from TuneIn. Or perhaps with Google Sound Search this functionality is already there and I’m just not using the right phrase to activate it?

And then when identified I would like to add it to a spotify playlist.

I suspect this might need IFTTT and I can see applets that do the second part but I’m not sure how the first part might be done.

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 20 April 2020, 16:28

Hi @James B. Thanks for posting.

Currently, Google does not offer music identifying properties with the Sonos system. I would be happy to make your suggestion a feature request as I think that would be a great idea!

However at this time, a third party workaround (such as your suggestion with IFTTT), would be required to simulate the service.

View original

2 replies

Hi @James B. Thanks for posting.

Currently, Google does not offer music identifying properties with the Sonos system. I would be happy to make your suggestion a feature request as I think that would be a great idea!

However at this time, a third party workaround (such as your suggestion with IFTTT), would be required to simulate the service.

Badge

Thanks @Adam S - I think this would be a great addition so would love for it to be added to future suggested features list.

I'll see if I can get something custom working with IFTTT when I get some time and will post back here with details if I'm successful.