Question

Having trouble playing music on Sonos arc via Google assistant

• 31 July 2020
  • 5 replies

Hi all,

I'm having issues with getting my Google assistant on my Sonos arc to play music via my Spotify account.

I have a Spotify membership and other Google Home speakers in my house. My device is connected to my other speakers via the "Home" app.

When I ask my Sonos arc, "Okay Google, play music my Mumford and Sons". I get one of two responses, "AlrightpAlright music by Mumford and Sons. It looks like the living room isn't available to right now."

Or

"I can't do that here but you can ask me to play it on one of your other devices."

Has anybody else had the same issue?

Thanks all

5 replies

Great! Thanks!

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @doddy1001.

Thanks for the detailed and immediate response.

I found a topic in the community similar to your concern.

I would like to share with you this topic in the community that might have the specific answer to your question.

I hope this helps.

Please let us know if you still have further questions or concerns. We are always here to help.

Thanks,

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the help. I think the issue was that my Sonos account had a different email address to my Google account. They are now the same and music now plays on my speaker. However, I am still having an issue playing music on home group (to have music on all of my speakers around the house). 

When I ask my Sonos to play music on home group, it will play it on my Google speakers, but it will not include the arc. I have looked into adding the speaker to home group via the Google "home" app, however I can't seem to add the Sonos speaker to the group of speakers as it's not on there for some reason, despite it recognising the device on the app (where I can change other settings).

Any ideas?

Thanks again!

I have attached a picture for you. As you can see, my two Google speakers are there, but the other device named 'Sonos arc" isn't.

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the help. I think the issue was that my Sonos account had a different email address to my Google account. They are now the same and music now plays on my speaker. However, I am still having an issue playing music on home group (to have music on all of my speakers around the house). 

When I ask my Sonos to play music on home group, it will play it on my Google speakers, but it will not include the arc. I have looked into adding the speaker to home group via the Google "home" app, however I can't seem to add the Sonos speaker to the group of speakers as it's not on there for some reason, despite it recognising the device on the app (where I can change other settings).

Any ideas?

Thanks again!

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @doddy1000.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us.

I would like to recommend the following steps based on the order it is provided. Here is the complete guide on how to fix this issue. The most important factor in this guide is to make sure your Google Assistant account isn’t in use on another Sonos system. I would suggest following the guide and make sure all steps are done accordingly. I would also suggest submitting a diagnostic after following the guide so we can check the progress and the behavior of your Sonos system.

Please let me know how it goes. We are always here to help.

Thanks,