Question

Group Sonos One speakers via different home devices in a group

• 23 June 2020
  • 2 replies

I understand you cannot group Sonos One speakers alone in groups, however, is it possible to use a Google Home Hub (using a Sonos One speaker as the default speaker) and a Googe Home Mini (also using a Sonos One speaker as the default speaker) in a group for playback?

Will this work and be able to play music via the group through the two Sonos One speakers?

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

I’m not sure why you say “I understand you cannot group Sonos One speakers alone in groups”. A key feature of Sonos systems is the ability to group rooms to play the same source, is sync. Whether you have 2 individual One’s in two separate rooms, or(say) you have a pair of One’s in one room and an individual one in another, the rooms can be grouped. Select one room, then the icon in the top right of the “rectangle”, then select the rooms to group and the source to play.

I’m not sure why you say “I understand you cannot group Sonos One speakers alone in groups”. A key feature of Sonos systems is the ability to group rooms to play the same source, is sync. Whether you have 2 individual One’s in two separate rooms, or(say) you have a pair of One’s in one room and an individual one in another, the rooms can be grouped. Select one room, then the icon in the top right of the “rectangle”, then select the rooms to group and the source to play.

Let me rephrase, add the Sonos speakers as a speaker group via the Google Home application. There does not appear to be an option to do this.

I am using a Google Home Hub/Mini and using the Sonos as a external speaker. I would like to add 2 Sonos speakers in a group to play at once via the Google Home app.