Google Sensitivity now enabled!

• 12 June 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

“OK Google” wake command has sensitivity settings in the Home app now. I have other assistant products that have had this feature a for a little while now. It is now available for for Sonos products too. I can confirm for the Sonos Beam and One as I have tweaked them this morning.

This should be good news for some of us.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Hi

I've looked on the Google Home app for this functionality but can't find it. I'm on iOS so I'm wondering if you're an Android user and they've updated that app first. 

I'd really appreciate it if you could let me know where the function exists and if you're on iOS or Android. 

Many thanks

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

I’m happy enough with the default setting. It’s what happens after “Hey Google” is recognized that has some issues. Google Assistant on Sonos is kind of like a Google Home that has been smoking a lot of marijuana: it’s a little slow to respond, kind of spaced-out, and frequently gets things wrong. :)

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

...looked on the Google Home app for this functionality but can't find it. I'm on iOS so I'm wondering if you're an Android user and they've updated that app first. ....

Hi, sorry for late response... 

I'm on Android but as far as GA and Home updates IOS and Android usually get features and same time. 

1. Tap on your account icon top right hand corner, might be your Google profile picture.

2. Choose Assistant settings.

3. Next screen tap Assistant

4. Choose "Hey Google" Sensitivity

It's right beneath routines. 

Hope that helps. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

I’m happy enough with the default setting....

I have so many Assistant enabled devices I get several going off anytime so say the wake word from any room.  Something I truly needed. 

....Assistant on Sonos is kind of like a Google Home that has been smoking a lot of marijuana: it’s a little slow to respond, kind of spaced-out, and frequently gets things wrong. :)

Hahahaha... Truly made me laugh out loud.