Question

Google Routines on Sonos Beam - "Your selected device is currently offline". Help!

Hi,

I have a Sonos Beam and cannot get Google routines to function properly.  Everytime a routine is started by the Sonos Beam at a scheduled time, I get an error message saying “The Routine didn’t start - Your selected device is currently offline”.

Normal Google assistant functionality works fine (e.g. asking Google a question), it is only the scheduled/automated routines which don’t work. 

The problem has previously been raised on Google support forums (https://support.google.com/assistant/thread/28343936?hl=en)  however no solution was provided by Google (who referred the user to contact Sonos support) and the thread was locked.

Is there a solution to fix this problem? I am using an Android phone with the latest Sonos S2 app.

Thank you

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Hi @evolution42.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us.

I understand that you can setup a routine with Google Home, but the volume control you are asking about is not a supported feature with Google Home and Sonos. I would be happy to add your voice to our other customers who have been requesting this feature and forward this on to our engineers. However, just to set your expectation, there is no specific Turn-Around-Time on when will this feature be applied. The best way to be updated is to subscribe to this thread and keep an eye out for our announcement thread to check if the feature is already supported on Sonos.

Please let me know if you still have further questions or concerns.

Thanks,

@Paul A -  thanks for your response, please forward this to the appropriate Sonos teams/engineers.

It’s pretty disappointing a product of this calibre doesn’t have support for something as simple as executing a Google routine, and Sonos does not seem to be in any great rush to deal with these issues.

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Hi @evolution42.

Thanks for feedback and I do understand your situation.

I will be more than happy to send this to our engineering team as a feature request as documented.

Please let me know if you still have further questions or concerns.

Thanks,