Question

Google Home Mini with Sonos Play 1 / Audio ducking and voice feedback

• 22 August 2019
  • 1 reply

Badge
Current setup is a Google Home Mini with a Sonos Play 1 in the same room, all set up and working so far.
There are two issues though:

1. Whenever giving a command to the Mini, there is no ducking happening on the Sonos if it is playing music at the time. So if the music is a bit louder, the Mini has a really hard time understanding me or even triggering.
  2. The voice feedback to commands (e.g. "How is the weather going to be tomorrow?") is always output on the Mini itself instead of the Sonos. It would be much more convenient to be able to use the better speaker instead of the built-in one.
I tried exactly the same with a Echo 2nd gen. and at least the ducking is working fine there. The voice responses come back through the Echo too sadly - same as with the Home Mini as described above.

Questions are - obviously - : Is there any way to achieve the same ducking functionality when issuing commands to the Google device as with the Echo? Is there a way to route the voice feedback of commands through the Sonos instead of using the internal speaker?

Thanks in advance for the answers.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

+1

This is exactly what I am thinking. At least it should be possible to turn down the music volume when the assistant us triggered.