Question

Google assistant won't work on my Sonos One speaker

• 23 June 2019
  • 2 replies

I have the Sonos One speaker that supposedly has Google Assistant built in. It is recognized by the system and plays music without a problem. I have gone through the whole install routine for getting Google Assistant to install and the app and it says it is installed. But nothing happens after Hey Google -- no response whatever. One issue I noticed in installation -- the instructions say that the devices appear and you choose if you want Google Assistant on each particular device. I never get that opportunity. At the end of installing Google Assistant after Voice control, I just get a message that says GA is now operating. I've tried removing the sonos and google assistant apps from my iPhone and reinstalling. I say something like "hey Google, play the beatles in the kitchen" (the name I have to the One). Nothing happens. Any suggestions?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

It's me again. Perhaps this is the issue. When I go on to the Google Assistant app and chose to add devices, it doesn't find the Sonos speaker. How do I get the assistant to recognize the speaker?
Userlevel 4
Badge +8
Are you still having this issue?
From my recollection once you add Google Assistant via the Sonos app it leads you to the GH app to add it.

I do not have a problem removing and adding mines again to see the steps you need if you are still having the issue.

and i guess it goes without saying to make sure all your apps are updated to the latest version.