Answered

Google Assistant will not play Spotify on Sonos Speakers

I just updated my Sonos system and Google Assistant to control my Sonos speakers. I am getting an error when I ask Google to play Spotify in any room. It states Spotify is unavailable. When I ask google to play Spotify on the Mini home, It works perfectly. I have unlinked and relinked both accounts and I am still getting the same error. I tried the same command with Pandora and it works fine. I can ask Google to play Pandora in any room or on Mini Home and it works flawlessly. Any assistance here would be greatly appreciated!
icon

Best answer by bej432 17 May 2019, 00:32

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

28 replies

Userlevel 2
This question definitely wasn’t “answered.”

It sill doesn't work. Is there even a fix for this? 

i have tried:

-delete connections on both spotify and sonos

-change languages

-reset to factory default settings

nothing works.

I was getting this issue on my iphone "Sorry it looks like you haven't setup spotify premium on your sonos app.  To play from spotify premium link the same account on both sonos and google assistant".

I worked on  it for a few hours, nothing seemed to fix it so I ran the sonos app on an android phone and it resolved the issue.  I only needed the android phone to set the music service used by sonos.  

1. Install the sonos, google home and google assistant apps
  2. Run the sonos app, login and select your default music service

This worked for me.. maybe it will help someone else.