Google Assistant will not play Spotify on Beam.

• 8 December 2020
  • 3 replies

Hi, I have set up Google Assistant on my new Sonos Beam, which works OK. However GA will not play Spotify on Sonos. I have set up Google Assistant in the Sonos app, and logged in with the same Spotify premium account on both the Sonos app and the Google Home app. I’ve even signed out and in again on both apps to be absolutely sure. But when I ask Google assistant to play Spotify on Beam, it claims that I have not signed in with the same premium account on both apps. I use an Galaxy S10+ for setup. Any ideas?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @LuringPanic, thanks for the update and the information that you gave. I’ll ask you to submit a diagnostic report to investigate further what could be causing this issue. You may reply to the thread with the confirmation number to assist you with this issue.  

Let us know how it goes and we're here to answer any further questions you have.

Hi Simon, sorry for my late answer. The Google Assistant is set up with the correct Spotify account. I also have a Google Home unit, and the Assistant will play from Spotify on this unit. I can also play the same music from the same Spotify account on the Sonos Beam through the Sonos app. But when I ask the assistant to play on the Sonos Beam it says something like: “OK, here's [song]. Sorry, it looks like you haven't set up Spotify on your Sonos app. To play from Spotify, link the same account on both Sonos and Google Assistant."

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @LuringPanic, Thanks for reaching out, and welcome to the community. Sorry to know about this issue about Google Assistant not playing Spotify on your Sonos Beam. I want to ask if have you set up the default music service on the Google Home App or the Google Assistant so that when you give a command, it will search and play from your default music service that you set up. 

Let us know how it goes and we're here to answer any further questions you have.